Who are we?
We are Yappy Ever After Dog Rescue, a not-for-profit organisation located in Derby.
We are the controller of your information and obtain it directly from you.
Why do we collect data?
We need to collect your personal information before we allow you to foster or adopt a Dog from us.
Such information is required by us to:
- verify your suitability to foster/adopt a Dog
- support your home-check (if required)
The majority of the information you provide to us is mandatory in order to be able to foster/adopt a Dog.
Where information is provided on a voluntary basis, you will be given the option to withhold that information if you wish.
Types of personal data that we collect, store and share:
- Contact information including e-mail and phone.
- If the information is no longer relevant for the purpose it was collected
- To comply with a legal obligation
- If the information has been obtained without your consent or knowledge
- If you withdraw consent and there are no other legal grounds for processing the information.
- If you believe the information, we hold about you is inaccurate
- We obtained the information without your consent or knowledge, but you do not want the data deleting.
- We no longer require the information, but you require the information for the purpose of taking or defending legal action.
- If you have objected to processing on the basis that your rights override the legitimate legal basis for our processing
This may be shared with a volunteer in order to complete a home-check if deemed necessary.
Information will be stored securely in an electronic format where possible. Where paper copies are held, these will be in secure premises with limited access.
No data will leave the European Economic Area (EEA), unless there are GDPR compliant safeguards in place to maintain the security of the data.
When information is shared, it is done so securely and with appropriate security safeguards in place to protect your data in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations.
Who we share information with:
We share your information with trained volunteers to perform your home check (if deemed necessary) or to provide any follow up support if you request it.
We store your information for the lifespan of your Dog.
After this time period has elapsed, you can request that we securely destroy all the information we hold about you.
Under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation, and the Data Protection Act 2018 you have certain rights:
You can request access to the personal data we hold about you.
You can request that we delete certain types of information we hold about you:
You can restrict access to the information:
You can request we amend information about you if it is inaccurate.
You can object to us processing your data where we have stated we have legal interests to do so.
You can also object to us using your information for any marketing purposes.
You are responsible for ensuring the information you provide is accurate and up to date and that you inform us of any changes to your information or personal circumstances as soon as is reasonably practical.
How to get in touch:
Write to the Information Security Officer, 92 Station Road, Hatton, Derby, DE65 5EJ